May Notes from Dr. Marchi
The month of May
is upon us with all of the beauty and splendor of springtime - the blooming of flowers and trees! Much will be happening this month and the highlights follow:
- The month kicks off with National Teacher Appreciation Week May 2-6. We are blessed with a superb teaching staff here at PS 17. Students and parents are encouraged to thank our teachers, not just this week, but always for their tireless efforts on behalf of your children;
- The students will be enjoying learning various dance styles this month including creative movement, world dance, and jazz hip-hop introduced by expert instructors from the Williamsburg Movement and Arts Center;
- In addition to our library, ELL, art and drama activities, our after-school programs will expand to include basketball, football, cooking, and assorted games beginning May 4th. Registration is complete and classes are full;
- Many students from Grades 4 & 5 will be involved in a science fair on May 10th;
- Grade 5 students will be going to Philadelphia on May 24th;
- Memorial Day (holiday) on Monday, May 30th.
I wish to thank our PTA for their sponsorship of the student dances for Grades PreK-5 held in April. In addition, I wish to thank them for their generosity in hosting a breakfast for our teachers on Friday, May 6th. Please show your interest and support by participating in PTA elections coming this month.
I wish to thank you, the parents, for your continuous support of our efforts to provide the best education possible for your children.
Dr. Robert A. Marchi
Principal - PS 17K