It is hard to believe that we are in the final month of calendar year 2014. How quickly the time goes by! Let me update you on a few events happening at PS 17:
- The "B Team" led by Ms. Kara Farrell won the general knowledge bee we conducted on November 26th. The winning members received a "no homework" pass that can be used any time during the school year. The B Team members were Emily Cepeda, Amber Hernandez, Angelo Masullo, Aidan Garcia, and Edwin Sosa. Congratulations;
- PS 17 was highlighted in the December issue of GREENLINE. Get a copy and read about our library 10th anniversary celebration and the visit to PS 17 by the St. Francis College men's basketball team;
- We are having a "Yoga" specialist visit PS 17 on December 3rd to demonstrate yoga to our Grade 3-5 students;
- We have an "Author Day" on December 4th for Grade 3 & 4 students. The author is Thomas Yezerski and some of his work is available in our terrific library;
- The PTA is sponsoring a "Breakfast With Santa" on Saturday, December 13, from 10 AM - 12 Noon;
- A number of our classes are going on class trips this month;
- We will be having a "Holiday Show" on Thursday morning, December 18th, at 8:45 AM in the auditorium. All parents are welcome to attend;
- We do have full days of school on December 22 and 23.
We hope you can remember to keep our Grade 5 teacher, Pat Bertoletti, in your thoughts and prayers as she continues to struggle with the health challenges before her. Please know that Pat feels the positive vibes coming from the PS 17 family and they are aiding her greatly in these difficult times.
Thank you for your attention in these matters. I look forward to seeing you on December 13th and/or 18th as we close in on the holidays celebrated at this wonderful time of the year!
Dr. Robert A. Marchi
Principal - PS 17K