Find Out What's Happening...
EXTRA, EXTRA!! READ ALL ABOUT PS 17!!
We are very proud to announce our monthly newsletter, PS 17 Times. This is a newsletter created by students, focusing on important school and world. events. Please follow the below and enjoy!
As we look at the beautiful month of June, let us examine some of the upcoming events that will help make this a very special final month for our children. As we approach the end of the year, please note the following events:
- Grades PreK-4 will be attending movies at the local cinema on Friday, June 16th;
- Pre-K Stepping Up is Tuesday, June 20th, at 9:00 am;
- Kindergarten Stepping Up is Thursday, June 22nd, at 8:30 am;
- Grade 5 Graduation is on Thursday, June 22nd, at 5:30 pm in the auditorium;
- Grade 5 BBQ is Friday, June 23rd;
- No school on Monday, June 26th;
- Awards Assembly at 8:45 am on Tuesday, June 27th, in the auditorium. Parents are invited;
- Report cards distributed on Tuesday, June 27th, during school hours directly to the children;
- Last day of school with dismissal at 11:45 am for everyone.
No uniforms will be required beginning Monday, June 19th. I continue to remind you to please make sure your child arrives ON TIME for 8:00 am each morning. It is so important that the children are here and go to their classroom together with their teacher and classmates. Also, I ask that you please make sure and check your child's homework for completeness each night before signing the homework planner. This is important in monitoring your child's progress during the year. I look forward to your ongoing support and participation in the life of our school. Thank you for all that you do and for your attention in these matters. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact myself or the parent coordinator, Nancy DeName.
Dr. Robert A. Marchi - Principal
Department of Education Quick Links
Dear Parents! We have great news! New York City Schools Chancellor Carmen Farina
is coming to District 14 for a Town Hall Meeting. The Chancellor will discuss issues
that are important to District 14. We hope you can attend. The meeting is 6:30,Tuesday, December 6th,
at IS 71. Please follow the link below for more details.
Ms. Nancy DeName
Cell Phone: 646-793-0242
Welcome to our PTA News!
Beginning on Friday, October 14, the PTA will sell healthy snacks during lunch.
Pens, Pencils and trinkets will also be available.
Year End Celebrations!
June is a very exciting month at PS 17! From our Pre-K Stepping Up Celebration to the Fifth Grade Dance, there are many memorable occasions. Please keep your eye on this site for the Calendar of Events and details. Thank you!